Minecraft Coding is an educational tool that allows children to push their creativity and imagination! This course is a great opportunity for kids to gain an insight into the game design industry.
This online after school club teaches students how to utilise the ever popular Minecraft game to learn the fundamentals of coding and build personalised, interactive mods! As they become more advanced, they can start to explore and build new immersive maps. It's so much more than just a game! Minecraft education allows children to develop critical thinking skills and turn their imagine and code into something really rewarding.
Club theme: Minecraft Coding and Sonic Hedgehog Adventures
For ages 7-12
Practice Programming Language, Variables, Functions and Conditionals
Build new creative Minecraft maps
Advance their coding skills
Great foundation for a career in game design
From beginner coders to Minecraft entrepreneurs, this course is caters for all ages and skill levels so everyone can discover their love for game development.
This course will run for 6 weeks every Thursday Tuesday evening.
Thursday 09/06/2022 – 6-7 pm
Thursday 16/06/2022 – 6-7 pm
Thursday 23/06/2022 – 6-7 pm
Thursday 30/06/2022 – 6-7 pm
Thursday 07/07/2022 – 6-7 pm
Thursday 14/07/2022 – 6-7 pm
Using a virtual environment for both fun & learning, we take students on a journey to expanding their creativity and gaining valuable skills.
- You will need a windows computer or an Apple Macintosh computer. Please note that iPads or Google Chrome Books are not compatible for this course.
- Latest version of Minecraft
Virtual Camp Information:
This virtual camp runs every Monday between 2nd November till 8th February (minus the Christmas holiday break) for one hour between 5 pm - 6 pm . The sessions will be 1-way video communication from the teacher and audio only from students unless they are stuck and need to screen share. Students will be able to use the message box to communicate with the teacher also. The meeting will start exactly on the hour. If you are over 10 minutes late you will not be able to join the session and will need to call to arrange another time slot for that day. We ask that you join the waiting room 10 minutes before the session begins.
Please also be aware that:
- The software we provide prior to the first session commencing MUST be installed beforehand. Your child will need to be ready to begin the first session at the start time as time cannot be spent waiting for software to be installed.
- If any technical issues arise with Zoom software which is out of our control, we will revert to an alternative platform and ensure that the session still runs for the correct length of time. If an alternative platform is used and the session carries on, you will not be permitted a refund. If an alternate platform is not available however, you will be permitted a refund for that session.
- If you experience continuous technical issues on your laptop/Macbook which prevent you from keeping up with the sessions, unfortunately you will be asked to leave the session to avoid further disruption to other member of the online course and you will not be permitted a refund.
If you experience technical issues with the software we provide prior to the course commencing, please contact our customer service team for assistance on 01442 873150. We will be offering short online sessions to assist with installing the software, however this will only be available at set times after your purchase has been made.